Dear SF Bicycle Coalition Member,
Thanks for reading my newsletter. I intend to keep you updated on San Francisco Bicycle Coalition (SFBC) governance and other items of interest. Views in this communication are my own and do not represent the views of the SFBC.
In this newsletter:
- Requesting your input
- Next SFBC board meeting is Tuesday, June 28
- Fair Elections Member Participation Party on July 7
- Save the date: August 16 panel discussion
- Board hires new executive director
- SFBC board contact information and 2016 meeting calendar
- Share this newsletter
1. Requesting your input
The board is discussing the board vacancy and the upcoming board election, but has made no decisions. Please send your input to email@example.com on the following recommendations from the member elections committee led by long-time member and former board member Peggy da Silva:
- Honor the member vote and appoint Jeremy Pollock, the next highest vote-getter from the 2015 election, to the vacancy on the board.
- Use multi-winner ranked choice voting for the board election for better representation of voters.
- Instead of a board-endorsed slate, create a matrix of skills, affiliations, and demographics and allow candidates to fill in the matrix; voters can then easily compare candidates.
2. Next SFBC board meeting is Tuesday, June 28
The next board meeting is 6:30pm, Tuesday, June 28 at the SFBC office, 1720 Market Street at Valencia. Members are invited to attend. Read the agenda here.
3. Fair Elections Member Participation Party on July 7
Party with Purpose! Connect with other SFBC members and show your support for more fair and transparent SFBC board elections by coming to the Fair Elections Member Participation Party!
Thursday, July 7 @ 6:30-8:30pm
Sports Basement – grotto (lower level), 1590 Bryant St
- Animated video on ranked choice voting (RCV)
- Q&A with an RCV expert
- Vote in a mock election; see how RCV really works
- Refreshments served, BYOB
- Indoor bike parking
- Free entry
RSVPs requested. And do share with fellow members! Hosted by the member elections committee led by Peggy da Silva.
4. Save the date: August 16 for panel discussion
The SFBC will host a panel discussion the evening of August 16 featuring Lateefah Simon (BART board candidate), Tamika Butler (executive director of the LA County Bicycle Coalition) and Renee Rivera (executive director of Bike East Bay). Details to come. Save the date!
5. Board hires new executive director
Please welcome Brian Wiedenmeier as the new executive director of the SFBC! Read more about Brian here.
6. SFBC board contact information and 2016 meeting calendar
You can contact the full board at firstname.lastname@example.org. Below are dates for SFBC board meetings remaining in 2016, all starting at 6:30pm at the SFBC office, 1720 Market Street at Valencia Street:
Tuesday, June 28
Tuesday, July 26
Tuesday, August 30
Tuesday, September 27
Tuesday, October 25
Tuesday, November 29
No December meeting
7. Share this newsletter
Please feel free to forward this newsletter to others. Anyone can join my email list. I am always happy to hear from members and I am interested in your input.
SFBC board member